Yong-In-Oregon, Grand Master Ha, the leading provider of Taekwondo classes in Portland and Beaverton area. Master Ha’s school has graduated over 300 black belt in since 1999.
Our programs cater to children, young adults and adults. We offer flexible class schedule at convenient times, provide private lessons.
A Letter of Welcome to All New Students from Grand Master Ha
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you as a student of Yong In Taekwondo Academy. I know that it will not be long before you feel like and important part of our Taekwondo family. The understanding, accepting and friendly, family atmosphere that you will experience as a student is a source of great pride to my staff and me.
I recognize that people begin training in Taekwondo for many different reasons. These include physical fitness, self-defense, competition, self-confidence, discipline, philosophy and for a family activity. Though you may have joined with only one of these reasons in mind, you will soon be pleasantly surprised by the variety of different benefits you get from your Taekwondo training.
Throughout your training my staff and I will strive to help you become a complete martial artist, knowledgeable in all facets of Taekwondo. At the same time, however, we wish to bring you a pure version of Taekwondo, one that provides room for you to personalize it, to make it your own. Together, we will work to develop a strong foundation on which you can build. Whatever your goal, to lose weight, reduce stress, develop self-defense skills, become a black belt, or even an Olympic champion, I look forward to personally helping you achieve your goals.
I wish you the best of luck in your Taekwondo training.
Grand Master Sungwoo Ha
We take pride in the excellence of our Martial Art instruction, our outstanding facilities,
and the respectful Taekwondo community we’ve created.
4th Dan Black Belt
- Practicing Taekwondo since 2001 at Yong In Taekwondo
- Instructor since 2004
- Teaching Yong-In's After-School Program at Catlin Gabel since 2014
- Member of the Exer-Psyche Therapy Group teaching team since 2014
3rd Dan Black Belt
- Practicing Taekwondo since 2008 at Yong In Taekwondo
- Instructor since 2011
- Assistant Coach/Team Manager Poomsae Team since 2014
- Member of the Exer-Psyche Therapy Group teaching team from 2010 to 2014
3rd Dan Black Belt
- Practicing Taekwondo since 2006 at Yong In Taekwon
- Instructor since 2014
- 2015 Oregon State Champion
2nd Dan Black Belt
- Practicing Taekwondo since 2011 at Yong In Taekwon
- Instructor since 2015
- Teaching Tuesdays & Thursdays @4 & 5; Fridays @4, 5 and 6